February was quite busy here at Euro-Divers Velidhu as we had a lot of divers and on top we got a visit from the diving group “Seetuefel” (devils of the lake) from Switzerland.
They were 11 divers and wanted to enjoy with us the underwater world of the Maldives. Despite of quite strong wind and rough sea we did a full day trip to Fishhead, Maaga Inside Corner and Hafza Thila and everybody enjoyed this 3 dives.
Diving around Velidhu in February
Diving in February was nice here….we had a lot of Mantas on Maavaru Manta Point every time we went there; in Hafza Thila we had some very curious Grey Reef sharks and they came very close…1 guest even complaint after the dive that he couldn’t to a picture of the whole shark because the shark was always to close 😉
Of course, we also were lucky enough to find all the small critters like Nudibranches, Flatworms and Shrimps on our reefs.
Can you spot the shrimps in this picture?
- Dolphins on Hafza Thila What a big surprise: While diving on Hafza Thila from Velidhu Maldives; which is normally known for sharks (grey reef sharks and white tip sharks) we had a visit from a school of dolphins. […] Posted in Scuba Diving News
- Whale shark at Velidhu Maldives Wow, wow, wow!!!
At the end of on our dive on Beyru we saw a Whaleshark. Whalesharks are very rare in the North Ari Atoll and you can imagine the excitement of our guests! This magic […] Posted in Scuba Diving News
- Christmas at Velidhu Christmas in Velidhu
Santa Claus was bringing to all the guests the traditional ginger bread and had in the same time the occasion to felicitate Rob who finished his Rescue Diver Course […] Posted in Scuba Diving News
- Markus and leopard shark at Velidhu Maldives This November, our loyal repeater Markus came again to Velidhu Maldives for 1 month and did his time 60 dives with us…we spent some really good time with him.
See you again soon […] Posted in Scuba Diving News
- Turtle rescue at Velidhu On the way to our first dive, we saw a turtle, which was entangled in a net. The captain drove near the turtle and our instructors jumped into the water to get the turtle to the […] Posted in Scuba Diving News
- Mode’s surprise at Velidhu For Easter-Sunday at Euro-Divers Velidhu Maldives, we planned a full day-trip with the first dive at Fish Head, the 3rd dive on Hafza Thila and a very special dive site for the 2nd dive: […] Posted in Scuba Diving News